Preparing Your Home For Market
Despite the harrowing economic effects brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, buyer demand is high and interest rates are low. This makes it the perfect time for home sellers. By cleaning and organizing your home, making improvements, and marketing your home effectively, you should be able to quickly and safely sell your home.
Clean and Organize
First of all, you will need to get your home clean and tidy.
● Purge your belongings and get rid of any clutter. The last thing you want is for your home to look as though it’s short on storage space.
● Deep clean every room and space in the home. Make sure you pay attention to space you don’t normally clean, as buyers will check out everything.
● Take extra cleaning and sanitizing precautions in light of the pandemic. For example, make sure you clean areas that are widely used.
● Organize your remaining belongings so that each space is orderly. Buyers will respond much more positively to a home that’s tidy and organized.
● While you’re at it, make sure you have access to all the documents (mortgage info, deed, insurance information, etc.) required for the home sale.
Make Any Necessary Upgrades
No matter how impressive your home is, chances are it can use some improvements.
● Have any major repairs (e.g., structural, plumbing, electrical, etc.) handled ASAP.
● Tackle DIY repairs, such as holes in the drywall, broken cabinet handles, and scratches in hardwood floors. These small repairs could make a lasting impression.
● Make any cosmetic changes that could impress buyers. This could include painting, hanging artwork, putting out plants, and adding decor.
● Depersonalize and stage your home by removing personal items, rearranging furniture, adding lighting, and so on. Buyers want to picture themselves in this space, which is difficult when your personal items are all over the place.
Use Effective Marketing
Marketing your home is what will make all of your hard work pay off.
● Get professional listing photos taken. If you want to make a good first impression, eye-catching photos should be at the top of your list.
● Put your listing on all the best real estate sites. After all, if prospective buyers can’t find you, then you’ll have a lot of trouble selling your home.
● Create a social media campaign for your home sale. You’d be very surprised by how many people search for home via social media these days.
● Take advantage of virtual showings and video-chat tours to safely show your home. If possible, work with a professional stager and/or videographer who can ensure that your home is shown in the best possible light.
If you need to sell your home, now is the time to do it. In order to be successful, however, you need to make sure that you sufficiently prepare and market your home. Along with using the tips and resources provided here, make sure that you work with a reputable realty team like Waypointe Realty, which can make the entire process go more smoothly.
Written for Waypointe Realty courtesy of Andrea Needham